Open Data Resources
Here we'll share a variety of resources and information that we hope others can use for projects, programs and general knowledge. You can also access information and data on our Projects page.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on GitHub
- CSV Universal Data Exchange for Geospatial Data (CUDE) - This open big data project includes datasets for HUD, NOAA, U.S.Education, U.S. Census and more
- Data.gov Available APIs Directory
- Data.gov Source Code and Issue Tracker
- Funny Monkey Open Education
- GIS Data Depot
- Google Transit Data Feed
- GovTrack for Developers
- Healthcare.gov- Marketplace - an unofficial bug tracker and pull request target for fixes to healthcare.gov/marketplace - This repository attempts to be a working fork of the marketplace. You should be able to run this on a local web server and access healthcare.gov in the same way.
- Open Government
- Open Data 500 Companies
- US Census Bureau Github page - Just what it says!
- Open States API - Open States provides a JSON API for accessing state legislative information.
- REST (REpresentational State Transfer) API (Application Programming Interface) - REST (REpresentational State Transfer) API (Application Programming Interface) is a simple stateless architecture that generally runs over HTTP. REST involves reading a designated Web page that contains an XML or JSON file. The XML or JSON file describes and includes the desired content. To take advantage of the foreign assistance data available on the site, the API allows for the drilling and slicing of data by type, format, country, sector, agency, and fiscal year in multiple ways while serving as a source of up to date foreign assistance information through integration with software applications.
- Small Business Administration Datasets - list of all SBA data sets that have been made available to the public to date. "In support of the Open Data initiative, SBA will continue to release more data sets on an ongoing basis. These data sets are also available fromwww.sba.gov/data.json and on the OpenData.gov site at http://catalog.data.gov/dataset?q=SBA."
- USA.gov for Developers - Software developers and researchers can use these APIs and data feeds to help people find useful government information.
- US General Services Administration on GitHub
- US Government APIs
- US Patent & Trademark Office Open Data Portal